Window Film In Bolton
Over 30 Years Experience!
Window Film Bolton
We are a leading window film supply and installation company, offering you convenient, professional solutions In Bolton, from Westhoughton to Bromley Cross. With quality products, flawless application and a focus on service, we make sure every customer enjoys a straightforward journey towards better windows. Window films are a great way to add privacy, reduce heat, retain heat In winter & add security to your home or business. Please visit our FAQs page or scroll down for the answer to all common queries and make sure to look at our range of window films to help you select a window film.
We provide a range of window films such as;
Contact Us Today!
For more information call us on - 0800 612 4811 or fill out the form below.
Window film is a thin material, usually made of polyester, in multiple layers, and treated with reflective coatings. Window films reduce heat from the sun, reduce glare, increase privacy, retain heat during winter and protect against UV rays.
Window films are the secret weapon against unwanted side effects of the sun. The window film contains metallics and dyes to reduce the effects of the sun and improve privacy during daylight hours.
Please visit our types of window film page. Most films we offer will include photos, a specification sheet and a description of what the film does but firstly, you need to identify what is your biggest issue?
Is your biggest issue solar heat gain?
you have problems with glare?
Do you require a film to insulate?
Are you wanting to reduce fade?
Do you want complete privacy or just daytime privacy?
Do you want to stop UV rays?
If the bubbles are very small and only noticeable up close, this is perfectly normal, although we try our best to squeegee out all the water under the window film during installation, it is impossible to get all the water out. The rest of the water under the window film will evaporate through the semi-permeable window film within 2-3 weeks after installation.
A small gap of 1-2mm between the window film and window edge is left. This is done to ensure the best fit possible. The window film can be cut right to the edge of the window on customer request although we don’t not recommend this.
There are many window film installers in the UK that will install external window film. We however do not. External window films are considerably more expensive to supply and install. They need great weather conditions to install e.g. It can’t be too sunny, can’t be raining, can’t be too windy. Furthermore, weather conditions don’t get hot enough to cause thermal stress glass breakage in the UK as opposed to far hotter countries such as the USA & Australia.
Unless you get a clear window film then yes all window films will make your room darker. This is the trade off for reducing the effects of the sun. Window films usually come with a number after their name such as Silver 20, the 20 represents the percentage of light transmitted through the window film. A standard window is around 70%. The darker the window film the better it performs. Please visit our range of window films page to see what various window films look like from the inside.
You can clean your window film with warm soapy water and a microfiber cloth. Dry the window after cleaning with a dry microfiber cloth. Do not touch the window film until 3 weeks after installation.
One way mirror window film provides daylight hours privacy. The reflective mirrored effect will appear on the side of the film that is exposed to a higher light level. Therefore, during daylight hours, this will be the exterior face of the film as (unless there are bright lights on inside the premises) this is the side of the film that is exposed to the greater level of light.
No, frosted window film provides complete privacy both day and night whilst still letting a lot of light in.
Yes mirrored window films can be seen through at night from the outside, as the light level drops outside and lights are turned on within a house. This is when blinds/ curtains are needed for privacy.
The cost of window film varies greatly from £4-£8 per square foot of glass depending on the type of film you choose and the difficulty of installation. If an installation is at height it makes it more difficult therefore more expensive. If a window is particularly large it is more expensive. Window film prices vary greatly, visit our types of window film page for a price range on each window film.
Window film applied to conservatory roof glass works fantastic. Conservatories get very hot in the summer and cold in the winter. A strong solar film can reduce temperatures by 5-10 degrees in summer and increase temperatures in winter by 1-3 degrees.
Yes, window films are fantastic at reducing heat from the sun, but also retain heat from the inside during winter. A medium strength window film is usually all that is needed to achieve the results customers desire.
Yes, other than a frosted window film or blackout window film, they are perfectly clear to see through from the inside.
For complete day and night privacy we suggest frosted window film and for daytime privacy there are numerous films for this. Check out our range of window films.
Please contact us with measurements of windows and the problems you want to solve. Please check out our range of window films. You can pick from there or if you have a particular window film in mind then let us know. Once you have settled on a few window films we will send a quote.
No, not always. For large jobs we will do this. For smaller jobs we will just request measurements of the glass and the type of window film you are interested in.
This depends on the problems you want to solve. For solar & heat problems we offer a mirrored or non mirrored solar film in differing percentages. For privacy we offer mirrored, non mirrored, neutral and frosted window films. For UV rays all window films block out almost 99% of UV rays.
The windows are cleaned thoroughly. A water with lubricant is sprayed on the window, the window film is placed on the window and with a squeegee press on the window film to activate the adhesion. The window film is then trimmed and dried.
Please ensure that we have clear access to your windows. This includes moving any desks away from the glass as well as clearing all window sills. Our window film fitters will bring dustsheets to cover any items near to the window, but if you can give clear access, your installation will go smoothly.
Window films now last upwards of 10 years, the quality of window film is getting better each and every year. I have personally fit window film on my house 10+ years ago and it still looks the same as the day it was fit.
No, as we cannot ensure the quality of the window film.
Privacy Window Film Bolton
Not all privacy window films are the same. Our high quality privacy films last for a decade, while some companies use low quality tints that might not last one year. The use of privacy films prevents people from seeing inside your house. Privacy window films allow you to see outside while obscuring the vision of someone outside looking in. Another benefit is the fact that the film blocks almost all heat entering your home from the tinted windows, cooling your home on the hottest days. Even In Bolton temperatures can reach 25+celcius in summer, window film can greatly reduce the effects of this heat by up to 80%.
Prestige Window Tints & Film has the solution for you. We provide privacy window films to Bolton property owners who want to conceal their interiors from prying eyes while still allowing natural light to enter the living spaces.
Prestige Window Tints & Film has the knowledge and experience to help you decide on the perfect film for you. Call now 0800 612 4811 to setup an appointment!
Privacy Window Film
Inside Looking Out
Outside Looking In
- No prying eyes. Maintain your privacy and keep documentation protected – people won’t be able to see in from the outside.
- Natural light. You will still be able to see outside and enjoy plenty of natural light streaming in through your windows.
- A clean, modern look. Privacy window film is perfect for businesses as there’s no need for blinds or shutters that are hard to keep clean.
- No change in appearance. Your windows will still look like normal windows, maintaining the aesthetics of your building.
- Glare reduction. Window film helps reduce glare from the sun, making it easier to see computer or TV screens.
- People use privacy films to prevent people from seeing inside your home as you relax after work.Privacy window films allow you to see outside while preventing others from seeing in. Additionally, the film blocks almost all of the heat as well as UV rays so your home remains freshly cool even on the hottest days.Not to mention the fact that watching your favorite TV show or working from your home office becomes much easier with reduced glare.There are many other reasons why people tint their windows using a privacy window film.
Frosted Window Film Bolton
Whether you would like more privacy in your bathroom at home or you are looking for a cost-effective way to ensure that any business conducted in you boardroom is kept confidential, our high-quality frosted window film in Bolton will meet all of your needs. Manufactured to precise tolerances from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), our frosted window film is designed not only to protect your privacy but also to strengthen the glass on which it is installed and provide lasting protection for many years.
Frosted window film is now frequently seen on the windows of both residential and commercial properties across the UK. This is because they are very efficient at rejecting heat and give your home or building a very elegant, frosted glass look.
Frosted window film increases privacy in your home or office. More importantly, they help save energy by blocking the heat and keeping your space cool. The film also prevents the cold air from entering your home or building in the winter thus keeping it warm.
Furthermore, by tinting your windows, your building will appear more attractive and will provide the much-desired privacy you for your employees.You should also consider tinting your windows for security reasons. The frosted film provides an additional layer of protection because it keeps the glass from shattering in case of an accident.
- No need to replace the glass. It’s excellent value for money as you don’t have to invest in rippled or sandblasted glass.
- Lots of diffused light. The window film still lets plenty of light in, so your room won’t feel dark or dreary after application.
- Extra privacy, anywhere. Use frosted window film anywhere – it’s also suitable for use in damp environments like bathrooms.
- The option of graphics. We can cut the window film to incorporate a graphic or corporate logo – perfect for businesses.
- Reduced glare. The glazed window film will reduce glare, so you can look in mirrors or at screens more easily.
Mirrored Window Film Bolton
Prestige Window Tints & Film offer state-of-the-art window film solutions for home and business owners in Bolton that provide an array of benefits for a very reasonable cost.
Mirrored window film is used to prevent glare and excess sunlight, reducing their negative effects inside a property. It’s perfect for when you’re using screens and need the clarity to see them from all angles, such as in an office environment. It also has a one-way mirrored effect, meaning you can see outside and enjoy the natural light, but people can’t see in. It’s highly effective in protecting your privacy.
Prestige Window Tints & Film has over 20 years experience with a wealth of knowledge and a large collection of window films we are sure to have the right window film for you and your needs. All consultations, quotations and questions are free so call now 0800 612 4811 to setup an appointment!
Reduces glare and heat by up to 85%. Mirrored window film is highly effective in reducing glare, allowing people to see computers and other screens easily. By reflecting almost all UV light it also protects your carpeting, plants and furniture and it prevents heat spikes on sunny afternoons, thereby saving you money on your energy bills.
- More privacy. People can’t see inside, protecting your privacy and keeping sensitive documentation safe on business premises. On upper floors, it also protects against drones with cameras, a thoroughly modern and very real threat to privacy most people are not prepared for.
- Greater security – Thieves will often approach a house when no one is home and peer through the windows, taking an inventory of what is there. They will often do the same thing with businesses, peering in through windows to see what kind of tech they can steal. Mirrored window films can prevent this.
- Doesn’t block natural light. Whilst mirrored window film reduces glare, natural light will still come in, keeping your space light and bright. If you depend solely on drapery or blinds to block heat and glare you may have to turn on interior lights to compensate. You won’t have to do that with mirrored window films.
- Perfect for large windows. This type of window film can easily be applied to windows of all sizes, in all kinds of buildings. The cost of outfitting blinds for large windows can be prohibitive, and the cost of cleaning and maintaining them just adds to your woes. By contrast, mirrored window films are virtually maintenance-free.
- Outside views. If you have to close your shutters, blinds or drapes to block sunlight or protect your privacy it negates the benefit of having windows. With mirrored window films you will still be able to see the outside world clearly, making this film preferable to rippled or sandblasted glass.
- And let’s not forget the fact that this type of window film is also very affordable and extremely cost-effective.
Mirrored Window Film
Security Window Film Bolton
Burglars usually break the glass window or door to enter a property and steal valuable items. While state-of-the-art security systems can alert the police of the crime, they don’t stop criminals from gaining access to your home or business establishment. What you need is a material that will reinforce glass panes.
Traditional window security measures are unsightly and unappealing – they won’t be suitable for the majority of businesses or homes where aesthetics is important. Avoid the need for bars or shutters with the use of security window film in Bolton. Our security window films have anti-shatter properties and give you added protection from break-ins, without obscuring your view.
Prestige Window Tints & Film can help you decide whether security window film is right for you, Call 0800 612 4811 to discuss.
A home is a place where we want to feel safe and protected. Unfortunately, danger lurks everywhere these days and one must do whatever they can to increase security in their homes. This is why people use a security window film on their home.
People choose to use security films on their house windows to increse security of their home. Security window film strengthens your windows improving their performance. They film bonds to the surface of the glass making it stronger and sturdier so it doesnt break easily like standard glass.
Although barely noticeable, security window film is great at protecting you from break-ins and accidents. Peace of mind knowing your home is safer from burglars.
If you’re concerned about your safety, security window film will give you peace of mind. If you want to protect your vehicle, a security window film on your windows can protect your car from theft. The film will keep the pieces of glass together thus minimizing the damage and preventing break in.
When applied to your home or business windows, security film strengthens your windows and makes it harder for thieves to break into your home. This means a safer environment for you and your family or your employees.
- Added strength. Security window film can prevent accidental damage, making windows more resilient if hit by footballs or other objects.
- Anti-shatter properties. Your security film holds shards of glass together, making sure panes don’t shatter if damaged.
- Bomb blast protection. If hit by a blast, the whole window section will hit the floor in one piece, preventing shards of glass posing danger of injury.
- Anti-graffiti film. Security window films make use of anti-graffiti properties to avoid your windows being damaged by vandals.
- More security, better aesthetics. There’s no need for unsightly security features like grilles, bars or shutters. Security and aesthetics can work together.
Solar Window Film Bolton
Looking to cool your home with solar window film? Or cool your office with solar window film? Prestige Window Tints & Film has the knowledge and experience to help you decide on the perfect film for you. Call now 0800 612 4811 to setup an appointment!
- Improved insulation. Solar window film blocks out 82% of heat and offers 33% thermal retention. Enjoy a pleasant temperature all year round.
- Lower energy bills. With better insulation comes less need for central heating and air conditioning. Start saving money on your energy bills.
- Reduced glare. The glare that comes from windows can make it difficult and uncomfortable to look at screens. Window film reduces glare by up to 82%.
- UV rejection. Solar window film filters out the harmful UV rays, offering 99% UV rejection. This protects your furniture, preventing fading.
- No blinds or net curtains. If you have lovely bright windows, it’s a shame to cover them. This window film gives you privacy without the need for blinds.
Sunlight is marvelous and we all enjoy it to some extent. Sun control window film protects you from that since it allows the light in but blocks the unwanted side-effects. That is why people use sun control window film for residential properties in Bolton
However, there are many more reasons to tint your home windows with sun control films. It keeps your home cool and pleasant so the heat outside doesn’t bother you. The AC system isn’t as effective as you want it to be when the unbearable summer heat comes. Sun control film provides temperature control even without the use of the AC system.The tint helps you save energy while making staying at home so much more pleasant.
Conservatory Window Films Bolton
Conservatories are a great way to optimize available space and exploit the full potential of your property. They’re less expensive than a traditional extension yet in some ways far more compelling. They are not without issues, heat build up, glare, UV rays bleaching carpets & furniture. Although these can be addressed by way of conservatory window films from Prestige Window Tints & Film, reducing heat and glare by up to 80%!
Prestige Window Tints & Film has the knowledge and experience to help you decide on the perfect film for you and your conservatory. Call now 0800 612 4811 to discuss your options.
How Window Film Can Help Your Bolton Conservatory
The issues surrounding conservatories are well-known. But until recently they have largely defied easy solution. Fortunately, that is no longer the case. Conservatory window film in Bolton alleviates all the major concerns that typically accompany a conservatory. For instance:
- Heat – The most common issue that arises with conservatories is their tendency to get uncomfortably hot. Prestige Window Tints products can prevent more than 80% of solar heat from entering the space, thereby eliminating this problem
- Privacy – Hot on the heels of heat is the issue of privacy. Most people don’t want their private life to be subject to public scrutiny. Conservatory window film can prevent prying eyes from prying without changing the look or environment of your conservatory in any substantive way.
- Heat loss – The opposite side of the summer heat coin is winter time when conservatories can become uncomfortably cool. Window film from Prestige Window Tints acts as an effective layer of insulation, preventing heat loss and making the space liveable all year round.
Why Choose Us For Your Window Film?
We install your film for you, so you don’t have to worry about buying window film online and fitting it yourself. It’s a job for true professionals like us, that will get it right the first time.
Knowledge & Expertise
We have almost 20 years of experience and know our product range. We are happy to share this knowledge, consulting closely with you to make sure you choose the perfect window film for your needs.
Excellent Customer Experience
As a family run business we are well known for our attentive and personalised service. We want to maintain this reputation – we’re only as good as our last project. We work hard to provide the best customer experience we possibly can.